Board of Directors
North County Arts Network is supported by a Board of Directors that defines the directions and goals of this organization. Many of the members have specialized knowledge and together the group aims to fulfill the mission of NCAN: to ensure that the arts are recognized as vital in the lives of its people; develop an innovative vision, plan, and collaborative effort to strengthen the arts; serve, advance, and lead in the maintenance of a diverse network of institutions, businesses, and individuals who work in the arts; maintain a directory of arts resources and organizations in the region.
They do this staying true to the vision of NCAN: to invigorate the arts community, enhance quality of life, and encourage prosperity in our region. By using the power of collective impact, we are leveraging the creative community in the North County San Diego region to maximize support for the arts.
Current Board members:
Sterling Anno, Arts & Community Programmer
Patricia Frischer, San Diego Visual Arts Network
James Gilliam, City of Encinitas
Carolyn Grant, NAMM Museum of Making Music
Maria Mingalone, Oceanside Museum of Art
Kayla Moshki, City of Solana Beach
Naomi Nussbaum, Synergy Arts Foundation
Michael Rennie, Poway OnStage
Andrew Utt, LUX Art Institute
Our thanks go to the following for their past participation:
- Daniel Foster, former director Oceanside Museum of Art.
- Joann Johnson who helped us attain the first grants to finance NCAN.
- Elizabeth Castilla whose networking ideas have carried us through the process of enabling intersections in the creative community.
- Kait Matthews for supplying a meeting place and hosting the website in the first years of NCAN.
- Marilyn Huerta along with Jacque Kilpatrick, formerly of California State University San Marcos for tireless contributions of ideas.
- Amelia Xann non-profit consultant, Creative Launch Strategies for her initial visioning for the Arts and Economic Summit.
- Maggie Chiaro, artist
- John Campbell, Smorgborg
- Kristi Stone, Be Creative Zone
- Jonathan Fohrman, MiraCosta College