Arts Marketing/Audience Development Committee Meeting
Artbeat on Main Street
330 Main Street, Vista, CA 92084
Friday, December 4, 2015, 1:00–2:30 pm
Host: Margaret Chiaro
- Brief overview of NCAN and the Arts Marketing/Audience Development Committee (NCAN Vision/Mission/Areas of Priority)
- Review of Arts Marketing/Audience Development Committee Considerations/Priorities
- Website/Social Media Development (i.e., internal/external communications and promotions of arts sector, master calendar, job opportunities, reciprocal benefits)
- Public/Media Relations Campaigns
- Advocacy for the Arts Campaigns
- Research, Data, and PR for marketing
- Arts & Business Partnerships (i.e. reciprocal audience/customer discount program , corporate/employee benefits, craft brewing industry cluster partnership)
- Goals of SD North Economic Dev. Council Partnership
- Cultural Tourism Development
- Joint marketing and literature distribution; shared expenses on printing, distribution, cross-promotions.
- Meeting Goal: Discuss and choose several key prioritized projects for committee/NCAN to develop in 2016 and beyond.
- Consideration of committee leadership/volunteer capacity & commitments, committee minutes/reporting, advocacy message, collaborative & leveraged approaches, education outreach component(s), mentoring/intern support, funding opportunities/budget requirements, audience development, media relations/marketing, coordination with other NCAN and SD arts committees/groups.
- Mapping, recruitment, and engagement of NCAN/Committee members.
- Research/Identification and distribution of Key Data/Research/Best Practices/Case Statements.
- Scheduling next Committee meeting (time, date and location).
- Next NCAN Quarterly event on Thursday, January 21, 2016, 5:00 – 7:30 pm at Poway Center for the Performing Arts