Arts Funding/Economic Development Committee Meeting
San Diego North Economic Development Council
950 Boardwalk, Suite 303, San Marcos, CA, 92078
Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Host: Carl Morgan
- Carl Morgan
- Daniel Foster
- Amelia Xann
- Robert Ford Mance
- Jennifer Pena
- Pam Smith
- Elizabeth Castillo
- Lynnette Tessitore-Lopez
- Jerry Padgett, absent
- Margaret Chiaro
- Gailee Walker Wells
- Jim Gilliam
- Naomi Nussbaum
- Elizabeth Pace
- Brigid Parsons
- Robert Parker, absent
- Ted Snoddy, absent
- Anne Hall, absent
- Jacque Kilpatrick, absent
- Sarah Villarreal, absent
- Patricia Frischer
- A strong discussion about the importance of the Arts Prosperity Summit in partnership with SDNEDC. Potential venue partners are CSUSM, California Center for the Arts, Escondido.
- The Arts Summit should be on one ½ or full day aimed at the arts, civic and business communities in Spring 2017. Other key constituents are the education and health sectors.
- Although the Arts Summit needs to serve all committees of NCAN, there was the feeling that the Arts Funding/Econ. Dev. Comm. Is best positioned to develop this event/project.
- Promote and develop “cultural districts” in North County.
- Arts organizations need technical assistance on fundraising and opportunities
- Access to a grants database that is widely distributed to NCAN organizations.
- Assist arts organizations on fundraising capacity building (i.e. effective fundraising techniques, Board fundraising engagement, legacy society development, etc.).
- Discussions about committee co-chairs and Robert Ford Mance, Jennifer Pena, and Elizabeth Castillo volunteered to provide their leadership, with additional support of Amelia Xann and Naomi Nussbaum.
- NCAN could produce Funder Forums (panels of arts funders).
- Research and share important demographic and North County arts impact statistics to strengthen funding requests of individual and collaborative proposals.
- Be a resource and advocate for cities to develop sustainable arts funding methodologies.
- Pursue cultural tourism partnerships
- Pursue partnerships with targeted North County businesses
- Craft Brew companies (over 100 in North County).