Arts Funding/Economic Development Committee Meeting
San Diego North Economic Development Council
950 Boardwalk, Suite 303, San Marcos, CA, 92078
Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Host: Carl Morgan
- Brief overview of NCAN and the Role of Arts Funding/Economic Development Committee (NCAN Vision/Mission/Areas of Priority)
- Review of Arts Funding/Economic Development Committee Considerations/Priorities
- Sustainable Funding Methodologies for the arts community (i.e., TOT, 1% fees; Pennies for the Arts, Round-Up)
- Technical Assistance for Arts Organizational Fundraising (i.e., Legacy Society dev., board development, successful fundraising strategies/planning)
- Funding Strategies/Initiatives for North County arts community
- Internal Regional Fundraising Opportunities
- External Fundraising Opportunities (state, national, foundation)
- Arts Funder Forums
- Goals of SD North Economic Dev. Council Partnership
- 2016 Arts Economic Prosperity Summit Considerations
- Building Advocacy Campaign & Partnerships with civic & corporate/business communities
- Arts Regrant Program Development
- Meeting Goal: Discuss and choose several key prioritized projects for committee/NCAN to develop in 2016 and beyond.
- Consideration of committee leadership/volunteer capacity & commitments, committee minutes/reporting, advocacy message, collaborative & leveraged approaches, education outreach component(s), mentoring/intern support, funding opportunities/budget requirements, audience development, media relations/marketing, coordination with other NCAN and SD arts committees/groups.
- Research/Identification and distribution of Key Data/Research/Best Practices/Case Statements.
- Scheduling next Committee meeting (time, date and location).
- Next NCAN Quarterly event on Thursday, January 21, 2016, 5:00 – 7:30 pm at Poway Center for the Performing Arts