Arts Education Committee Meeting
California Center for the Arts, Escondido
Studio One Theater
340 N. Escondido Blvd. Escondido, CA 92025
Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 1–2:30 pm
Host: Leah Goodwin
- Leah Goodwin, Host/Co-Chair
- Daniel Foster
- Pablo Samonta
- Stella Karl
- Karen Jobe
- Dana Stanford
- Matthew Armstrong, absent
- Jessica Baron
- Gailee Walker Wells
- Elizabeth Pace
- Kirsten Vega
- Alexsandra Babic
- Robert Parker
- Tara Graviss
- Anne Hall, absent
- Kay Wagner MacMurray
- Spramani Elaun
- Brigid Parsons
- Cecelia Kouma, absent
- Jim Kapsalis
- Merryl Goldberg, absent
Meeting Notes (by Leah Goodwin):
- Members of the group shared their work and their affiliations:
- Part of the goal is to educate the public about arts education
- Create a comprehensive website and/or source/directory of youth arts programs/summer camps for North County population
- Ideas include: Curate a library show, community outreach, groups can pathways to students, college events are poorly attended foster new relationships create possibilities for student interns in the arts.
- Support stronger community engagement with the universities/colleges in North County
- Develop more arts professional development programs and opportunities
- Create more youth exhibitions in community via community centers, libraries, corp. lobbies, businesses, etc.
- More students’ get access to education the range of options
- Identify best practices in K-12 arts education in San Diego (Chula Vista)
- Build access and awareness bring the arts to the streets.
- Oceanside Art Walk First Friday could expand across the 78 as a North county arts day.
- Next steps; NCAN find an umbrella 501C3 or become it’s a 501C3.
- Irvine Foundation and CAC may fund NCAN.
- NCAN can become a membership organization.
- Create a website that is a place to share events information, jobs, festivals and all of the visual and performing arts in organizations.