Visual Arts Programming Committee Meeting
2487 Montgomery Avenue, Cardiff by the Sea, 92007
Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Brief overview of NCAN and the role of the Visual Art Programming Committee (NCAN Vision/Mission/Areas of Priority)
- Review of Visual Arts Committee Project Considerations/Priorities
- Collaborations i.e. more shared programming to share talent, expenses and audiences.
- PR/Website for Shared Targeted Programming – pop up galleries, printed guide, want ads, match making artist to commissions, finding open calls, regional promotional videos about North County
- Registry(s)/roster for info and a stronger engagement with artists/performers and organizations
- Audience Building and Sales
- Creating Artist Clusters – live work spaces and cultural districts
- Meeting Goal: Discuss and choose several key prioritized projects for committee/NCAN to develop in 2016 and beyond.
- Consideration of committee leadership/volunteer capacity & commitments, committee minutes/reporting, advocacy message, collaborative & leveraged approaches, education outreach component(s), mentoring/intern support, funding opportunities/budget requirements, audience development, media relations/marketing, coordination with other NCAN and SD arts committees/groups.
- Guided Fantasy focused on prioritized projects.
- Mapping, recruitment, and engagement of other NCAN VAP members.
- Research/Identification and distribution of Key Data/Research/Best Practices/Case Statements.
- Scheduling next Committee meeting (date, time, and location)
- NCAN Quarterly event on Thursday, January 21, 2016, 5:00 – 7:30 pm at Poway Center for the Performing Arts.