Open Your Hearts to North County Arts
Open Your Hearts to North County Arts: October, 2018
The North County Arts Network is excited to announce a North County wide promotion of arts and culture from inland Fallbrook to Poway and coastal Oceanside to La Jolla coming this fall. Our goal is to build public awareness. We have chosen October to coordinate with National Arts and Humanity month. We will do this In the following ways:
- Led by our Steering Committee of Arts Leaders, we will combine our over 200 visual and performing arts resources by motivating them to hold events in October and to collaborate with local businesses.
- Produce a concerted campaign to announce this promotion including special flyers, website promotion, social media feeds, e-blasts, videos and word of mouth. We will take full advantage of the media partner San Diego Visual Arts Network which gets one million hits a year. Presentations will be made to civic and community organizations, hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions.
- Launch of the promotion will be held at ArtWalk Carlsbad on Sat/Sun Sept 22/23 at Armada Drive where we will have a booth and our members will be invited to perform samples of their performances on the event stage. There will be chalk art as well as live music, a wine and beer garden, food trucks, interactive art experiences and more. This is a ticketed event but numbers at other ARTWalk runs into the thousands.
- The Forum at Carlsbad’s (1923 Calle Barcelona) Art Rhythm & Wine Festival is an opportunity for 55 select artisan wine and food vendors to hold a silent auction with the proceeds going to NCAN. This event on Oct 20 and 21St, 2018 will also highlight some or our performing and visual arts members in a booth to further spread the word about Open Your Hearts to North County Arts.
- Major media sponsor Art San Diego held Oct 18 to 21, 2018 (at the Wyland Center of the Del Mar Fairgrounds)
- Studio Ace (EIN # 81-4109420) is the fiscal sponsor for NCAN and 5% will go to its education programming.
Our Vision is to invigorate the arts community, enhance quality of life, and encourage prosperity in our region. By using the power of collective impact, we are leveraging the creative community in the North County San Diego region to maximize support for the arts and to enhance the lives of our residents and visitors.
Our Mission is to ensure that the arts are recognized as vital in the lives of its people by using an innovative vision and collaborative effort to strengthen the arts; to serve, advance, and lead in the maintenance of a diverse network of institutions, businesses, and individuals who work in the arts; to maintain a directory of arts resources and organizations and a calendar of events in the region.